Barbara Watson Andaya and Leonard Y. Andaya.
A History of Early Modern Southeast Asia, 1400-1830. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press, 2015.
Introduction: Conceptualizing an early modern history of Southeast Asia
1. Southeast Asia and the geographic environment
2. Antecedents of early modern societies, c. 900-1400
3. The beginning of the early modern era, 1400-1511
4. Acceleration of change, 1511-1600
5. Expanding global links and their impact on Southeast Asia, 1600-1690s
6. New boundaries and changing regimes, 1690s-1780s
7. Early modern Southeast Asia: the last phase, 1780s-1830s
Conclusion: Southeast Asia and the early modern period